Human Resources & Work/Life Balance
The University of Texas at Austin believes an environment of excellence is synonymous with an environment of wellness, and that wellness starts with balance. We are deeply committed to creating a supportive and productive workplace that allows our faculty opportunities to maintain a healthy balance between their professional and personal lives.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Policy
- Office of Institutional Equity (OIE)
- Employee Discount Program
- Family Friendly Policies for Faculty
Personal and Student Wellness
- UT Counseling and Mental Health Center (CMHC) at 512-471-3515
Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- After hours, students can call the Crisis Line at 512-471-CALL (2255).
- UT Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counseling & consultation services at 512-471-3366
- Behavior Concerns Advice Line (BCAL) 512-232-5050: Share concerns about a student or co-worker.
- Substance use concerns: Drug and Alcohol Peer Advisors (DAPA) or Center for Students in Recovery (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cases that present an immediate threat to self, others, or property should be considered an emergency and should be directed to The University of Texas Police Department (UTPD) by calling 911.